28.8.13

Being A Grown-Up



Even though I am in my twenties, I don’t often feel like an adult. I enjoy life. I eat lots of cake, I have a hilarious time with friends and generally do whatever I feel like. It’s a charmed life really! Even getting my writing career going doesn’t seem like a chore because writing and reading is all I’ve ever done. (Look at me here! A baby and still the same as I am today!)




 But then there are times when I notice that everyone’s lives are moving so fast and I look at the accomplishments of both myself and my friends with wonder. I’m not still in touch with a lot of my old friends from school, but there’s one very old friend who I love dearly and still speak to. A couple of weeks ago she gave birth to a baby girl. She is the sweetest, most perfect little baby I’ve ever seen. She’s named Sophia Rose and now I shall forever and ever be known as Aunty Lolli. How cute! When I was holding her was one of the few moments I actually felt like a proper adult.



And then there’s my marvellously talented friend Damien Tracey. He is a playwright and recently wrote a play and had it performed at the Camden Fringe. It also became the first ever play that he had published. I have a copy and when I opened it up and read his note of thanks to me I almost cried with sheer happiness and pride for my friend’s dreams literally coming true.



There are so many good things happening for my friends and myself and I’m so excited to see what the future holds! But I think that even when I’m 60, 80 or even 100 years old I’ll never really feel like a grown up!





Bubbly Post by Laura C. Phillips for les2coquettes