2.9.13

Cupcakes, Street Art and Mojitos!



With a whole glorious day to myself, I decided to spend it in Brick Lane. Brick Lane and Spitalfields are the most glorious places to be on a sunny Sunday. I spent the day with lovely friends and we frolicked through the streets, eating, drinking and street art spotting along the way.


So if you’re in the area on a Sunday, then give the following places a try…

First stop was at the beigal shop! World famous, the two beigal shops both claim to be the oldest and the best, and are only separated by a couple of shops. I always go to the one with the yellow sign; their salt beef is to die for! But I went for a salmon and cream cheese today. The lengthy Sunday queue was worth it.

Then time for desert! I made a quick stop in the indoor food market on the corner of Brick Lane and Hanbury Street. Peanut butter and chocolate cheesecake anyone? I took it up to Boxpark so I could sit out on the top floor with some bubble tea as well. It was my friend’s day to pop his bubble tea cherry, but luckily I think he liked it. He said he did anyway. I don’t know if he was just being polite!



Then it was street art time! One of my absolute favourite things about East London is the street art and that it is everywhere and ever changing. We spent a good hour or more searching for different artworks and I took so many photos it must have filled up my memory card by now!





A quick sprint through Spitalfields at 5pm saw us buying up discounted cupcakes! Flavourtown Bakery was offering cheap cakes as they were packing up. I got salted caramel – yum! But they have such amazing cakes, like one with Guiness and Bailey’s, a Snickers cupcake and even mojito cupcakes! And with a quick hop, skip and a jump, we were in a bar having real mojitos, listening to live music and watching a bright pink Brick Lane sunset.  


Bubbly Post by Laura C. Phillips for les2coquettes