3.10.13

Here I am...in Thailand!!!




So as you may or may not know I used to live in Thailand, in a city in the north called Chiang Mai. It’s been two and a half years since I moved back to England and I decided it was about time that I went back for a visit! So this is going to be something of a diary blog this week (and maybe next!)

Thailand. I just adore it. It’s so naturally beautiful, the people are so funny and know how to put a smile on your face (it’s not called the Land of Smiles for nothing you know), the food is amazing (and I mean amazing) and everyone is just unashamedly cheesy. Here’s an example of classic Thai cheesiness…





(You don’t need to watch the whole thing, just the routine at the beginning. Remember, this is a serious safety announcement on Bangkok Airways, who by the way have the best customer service of any company ever.)

Another example of unashamed cheesiness? The Thai selfie. Anywhere, everywhere, usually involving a peace sign, a lip gloss pout and some kind of clip art frame. I would never do it myself, but I do love those who do.

And there are the Thai music videos that I put on as background noise in the morning and I end up watching for ridiculous lengths of time. They’re just so bad they’re good! Here’s one of my favourites…it’s called ‘Smile’.





But anyway, I am here visiting old friends and the city that I love most (next to London of course). It’s only been two days so far, but I’ve managed to fit in good food, the unique Thai tea (which is quite unnaturally orange in colour) and have visited my darling elephants at the elephant sanctuary north of Chiang Mai called Elephant Nature Park. I do love that place, and my favourite elephant is definitely Jokia, the beautiful blind old lady elephant.




There have also been temples, iced coffee galore, sushi, travelling shops, monks on mobile phones, pina coladas, street dogs, smelly backpackers and tuk tuks!










It’s all been a bit of a whirlwind really, so this is just a snippet. I’ll go into more detail next week, and let you all know what goes on in Chiang Mai on a weekend, when all of the cool kids about town are out and about J






Bubble Post by Laura C.Phillips by les2coquettes