6.11.13

Bouffants and Beehives


I know it’s been a little longer than usual for me to blog, but it’s been a bit of a manic week at work! But at least I’m here writing for you now my lovelies!

So even though I’ve been working my bum off, I did find time to go out to a Halloween party on Thursday. You may remember in my last blog I said I was going as Marilyn Monroe, well I did and it was loads of fun, though blonde really isn’t my colour. While I was there at Dead Famous, I looked around, admiring all of the costumes, when I noticed how absolutely mad hairstyles were in the past. My friend went as Marie Antoinette, and she done her hair herself, and it was amazing, but I can’t believe people actually wandered around doing their daily business like that. A sharp gust of wind and it’d all be ruined!




Since there were so many great hairstyles at the party, I thought I would bring to you, the craziest bouffants and beehives of the past in this blog. Here goes…




Even back in the Roman times they were teasing crazy creations into their hair! Who’d have thought they’d have the time amidst all that conquering and inventing…




The tribes in Africa have had super intricate hairstyles since ancient times…this looks like it’d take forever to do. I hope she and the hairdresser had better things to talk about than the weather…




And there’s the classic beehive of the 50s and 60s…my mum’s cousin used to decorate hers with little flowers…





And of course the mind-boggling hairstyles of the1700s. When hair just could not be big enough…





 There’s the beautiful traditional hair of the geishas…





This picture shows us where they thought up Princess Leia’s hairstyle! The Native American Hopi tribe! Love this one…




This one isn’t a hairstyle as such, but I love this one as an old curiosity. These sisters became celebrities and millionaires just because they had ridiculously long hair…






All of the people who had these hairstyles obviously had way too much time/money on their hands. But it gives us joy today! I wonder what hairstyles we have today that the people of the future laugh at? I’m going to guess multi coloured hair dying.



Bubble Post by Laura C. Phillips