8.1.14

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year everyone! 2013 has gone and 2014 has arrived. I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and a fun New Year’s Eve (no really bad hangovers I hope!)

I spent New Year’s Eve with good friends and quite a bit of Prosecco. We ran out onto the street to see the fireworks over the London Eye. Shame about the wind and the rain, but hey ho, the fireworks were pretty stunning and bad weather gets forgotten when you’re ringing in a new year with hope and happiness.



2013 was quite the mixed bag for me, and seemingly for everyone actually. So I’m hoping that 2014 brings a lot more joy for all.
But apart from personal success and contentment, what else does 2014 have in store?


First of all, there are loads of hotly anticipated movies to be released. Such hotties as Andrew Garfield, Hugh Jackman and Johnny Depp are showing their beautiful faces on the big screen in a deluge of sci fi and super hero blockbusters. Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence (girl crush or what?) are acting together yet again in “Serena” and of course, a new dark Disney film called “Maleficent” starring Angelina Jolie (oi oi, managed to fit two girl crushes in one paragraph!)


Look at her though. How can you not love a bit of Jolie?


Then there’s music! Who’s touring? Who’s releasing new albums? Who’ll be this year’s new star of singing? Of course one of the most exciting, most loved current stars is touring in 2014 – Lady Gaga. She’ll be taking her massively theatrical tour all across the world for millions of fans to see. There’ll also be a summer of festivals to look forward to and albums from the likes of Foo Fighters, Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga and Adele (*gasp* - cannot wait for her sultry tones to fill my house!)

(Here you go folks; a little taste of what to expect from the unlikely but perfect duo of Gaga and Bennett! Lovely, ahhh)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPAmDULCVrU


And don’t forget the annual rounds of awards ceremonies, fashion weeks and festivals. Maybe your new year’s resolution should be to get to as many as possible? Host an Oscar’s party, complete with floor length gowns and red carpet!


Look at these Oscar party cupcakes! If that doesn’t convince you to hold an Oscars party, I don’t know what will.
 Or get to a festival, even if it’s just one of the open air fests in Hyde Park or Victoria Park (don’t forget your wellies). Get yourself into London Fashion Week (yes please, I definitely need to get to see that!)

Talking of London Fashion Week, I wonder what’s in store for fashion this year?
The winter’s been all about dark vampish colours, tartan, leather and metallic detailing, mixed up with lace and plenty of waist-cinching. It seems that these heavy duty trend is phasing out bringing in fresh colours and big florals and bold prints for the new year. Lace will still be here but in bright shades, coupled with longer hemlines and embroidery. Get some flowers in your hair and skip along out in your dreamy skirts in carefree colours.



Do you have any new year’s resolutions? I saw this picture circulating on Facebook and decided that I’m going to do this…



Except I’m keeping all the little gems from my everyday life in a cute little notepad. Instead of making ‘get fit’ or ‘make more money’ my new year’s resolution, I decided that enjoying the little things in everyday life and appreciating what I have my new year’s resolution. Maybe it’s the Buddhist in me, but I think this year will be all about being grateful for all of the blessings I have while still striving to be a better person and make a better life for myself and those around me.

I sincerely hope that 2014 will be kind to you all!

Happy New Year!