11.3.14

Children's Wisdom


Through the incomprehensible white noise of children’s chitter chatter there are occasionally a few pearls of glorious wisdom that fall forth. On long work days, I scour the internet for little nuggets to make me laugh or to make me think, and one of the things I stumbled across in my epic internet travels was a list article of different funny, silly and amazingly wise things that children have said. There’s a Facebook group dedicated to wise quotes from kids and many a Reddit feed too. So I’m going to share with you now some of my favourites (with cute photos too of course!)


“Presents are great, but love is better” – Mariah, aged 8.



“The world is pretty and everyone should be quiet and enjoy it”




“It is a good thing we don’t always get what we wish for” – Rebekah, aged 15




“Count your rainbows, not your thunderstorms” – Alyssa, aged 12




“Life is filled with ups and downs,  but most of the time I’m going sideways” – Leslie, aged 11




“When a girl keeps on teasing you and says she doesn’t like you and bugs you all the time, she really likes you” – Justin, aged 8





And this last one isn’t from a child, but from my favourite children’s book…



“The moment where you doubt whether you can fly, you cease forever being able to do it.” – Peter Pan