16.10.14

FIFTY SHADES OF... US?


How many of us l were forced to read books at school? Maybe we needed our parents remembered us to read it as soon as possible, so we rolled our eyes sitting in front of thousand pages. I did the same I think even at university.
Everything changed when I was writing my degree thesis. Yes, you have understood right, my degree thesis. I was so tired and distracted just looking at my Facebook homepage, full of this "strange" quotes and references to Fifty Shades of Grey. I felt like if I was the only one who didn't know anything about it, maybe I was living in another planet in the Universe. I downloaded the first book.. then the second one.. and the third one, understanding why it is so famous.
This novel is the evidence of three main things. First of all, yes, women enjoy ex. Number two, women can be eroticas and, in closing, women enjoy their erotic experiences envelopped in a safely relationship.


This is why the success of Fifty Shades is due to plenty of sex scenes in the book.
Anastasia Steele, shy 21-year-old college senior, finds herself overwhelmed by a devilishly handsome and psychologically dysfunctional Christian Grey, an incredibly successful and wealthy young entrepreneur. Ana is attracted to Christian, but also finds him intimidating. After a couple of paragraph made by dates, expensive gifts and good sex, Anna decides to sign a proper contract proposed by Christian, which include spanking, bandages, sex toys and so on and so forth. In other words he is the ultimate bad boy and she is happy about it!
But can we find something more above all that? Is there really something more?
Reading some opinion on the web, yes. I've discovered there are woman who really liked the book not for the sex scenes but for the love story. They like what Christian Grey does for his lover, he takes care of her. It's like find something different from the classic male expression like "Let's have sex baby!": because Grey washes her hair, he brings Ana to the haidresser, to the shops, he puts money in her bank account and he does everything she wants sexually combining pain and pleasure, obviously.
<<He's fast asleep with his head on my chest, his arm over me, holding me close, one of his legs thrown over and hooked around both of mine.>> Curled up together is sexy because it's romantic but macho and possessive too.


But how many of us want to be controlled in this way? Having someone who decides what to wear, what car to drive, how much sleep and exercise we need to have, how much to eat, even buy the company where we work just to keep an eye on us?
I think it is important to remember that just reading about bondage&co, it doesn’t mean that you really want to try it. Fantasy can be simply fantasy.
But who knows, maybe outside our house there are a lot of Anastasia girl, maybe the girl sitted sext to us is like Ana, maybe even your bestfriend is like Ana.
Because in spite of everything she is a nice girl, with a naughty sex life.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



"Hi! I'm Veruska, an Italian graduate lost in London. I'm absolutely moody, lazy, jealous, pessimistic and shy. Passionate about something different everyday. Teenager inside, but not on ID card anymore."