26.11.14

EVERYBODY WANTS TO MARRY A BRITISH ACTOR..




This week I choosed to write about something slightly different than usual. 
I wanted to talk to you about a phenomen I experienced and a question I'm asking myself a lot .. What if all the pretty faces and talented actors of our time were born in England ?

It's not news, I'm a big fan of movies and everything related to it and there is something that I'm sure I'm not the only girl who's doing it. 
When I'm watching a movie starring an unknown actor quite good looking and with very good acting skills, soon as I get home I type is name on Google. Here is the thing, 98% of the time they were born in the land of Shakespeare, exception made for Ryan Gosling, of course.
I don't think there's a rational explanation to that phenomen or a magical substance pour in children's tea so they get talented at acting, they just have that additional British touch that all 
the others actors don't have and make them unique in their kind.




The typic British actor doesn't usually look like the kind of Hollywood "sex symbol" you see in the magazines, but has usually tons of charm and is crazy talented. 
Because I'm a very nice girl, I'll give you a selection of some of my favorite film or tv show, starring some of the best British actors of our time to illustrate my point.

Starting with good friends Tom Hiddleston and Benedict Cumberbatch respectively in « Thor » and « Sherlock », more recently the charming Sam Claffin in « Love, Rosie » still in theater and the worldwide success « The Hunger Games » . Not to forget Jude Law in « Irresistible Alfie »  and « The Holidays » and of course Hugh Grant and Colin Firth in 2 of my all time favorite movies « Love Actually » and « Bridget Jones diary » . I would also advise you to take a look at Jack O'connell and Max Irons in one of the BBC best show ever « The Runaways ».

Doing some research for this article I found that little quizz on the famous website Buzzfeed :
 "Which British actor is your soulmate ?" 
No need to tell you how happy I was when my result was ... Andrew Garfield, my all time favorite actor that you can watch in « Boy A », « The Social Network » and « Never let me go » (who by the way I met a few months ago, he gave me a hug and I was shaking for days after that).




Here is the link to find out wich British actor of you dreams could be your soulmate : http://www.buzzfeed.com/mackenziekruvant/which-british-actor-is-your-soulmate?utm_term=4c1jv4p&s=mobile




And I'd like to finish with a nice quote I relate to a lot .. 

« I like my tea like my men, hot and British »





-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Hello ! My name is Coline, I'm passionate about cinema and aspiring to be a screenwriter. Always on for a culture related trip with my friends, I also enjoy baking the finest desserts and Lip-sync contests are my favorite game.