21.11.14

WHAT TO DO THIS WEEK-END ?

I know that there's always plenty of things to see in London and it sometimes a bit difficult to choose what to do or where to go on a day off.
Because I'm a very curious person, I always look online for new exhibitions, live concert, what's interessant to see at the theater, or wich film is worth paying 11£ for. 
By the way 11£ is a lot to pay just to see a movie right ? I used to go to the Coronet in Notting Hill, between 3£ and 6£ you could sit in one of the most beautiful and ancient cinema in London. Remember that scene in «Notting Hill» when Hugh Grant is watching a Julia Roberts movie at a nice red balcony, well that's the one ! They unfortunately closed a few months ago and I'm not sure weither they are going to open again, but I really hope they will. But still in Notting Hill, the Electric cinema is also a nice place to go see a movie as the atmosphere is really different than an usual theater. 
This week I've been to my local cinema to see Christopher Nolan's last movie « Interstellar ». Starring the brilliant Matthew Mcgonaughey and the beautiful Anne Hathaway and Jessica Chastain, this sci-fi/drama movie is a must seen to experience again after the « Dark Knight » trilogy and « Inception » the talented work of Nolan. If you are as sensitive as me you will definitely get emotional watching this one !



If you like British history, why not go to a guided tour of the Houses of Parliament ?
We all have thousands of pictures from the outside but only saw the inside through television. 
The guided tour takes about 75 minutes and takes you in some of the most important areas of the Palace, including the Commons and Lords Chambers, the Queen's Robing Room, the Royal Gallery and Westmintster Hall. 
Those guided tours will be happening every Saturday from the 22nd of November until the 27th of December for the winter season and the cost in 15£ per person. 
More infos at : parliament.co.uk 


Also, I just started a new job this week, I'm working for a Chocolate shop « Jeff de Bruges », a French franchise using Belgium chocolate. We just opened the only shop in England in South Kensington just next to the station and to be honest, I love my job ! I am in the middle of amazing chocolates all day and got to try them all. If you're looking for a little treat or to make some early Christmas gifts we are open every day of the week and our friendly team will be taking care of you with a big smile.


To finish your week-end on a nice note, almost all the Christmas market in London opened this week. Nothing is better than finish the week by a nice evening walk with your friends on South Bank and a hot chocolate in your hands.  




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Hello ! My name is Coline, I'm passionate about cinema and aspiring to be a screenwriter. Always on for a culture related trip with my friends, I also enjoy baking the finest desserts and Lip-sync contests are my favorite game.