4.12.14

WHAT TO DO THIS WEEK IN LONDON?



Where to eat this week ?






If you're starting to be a bit bored with the usual Prêt-à-manger and sushi for lunch, this week why not try something different. One of my favorite place in London, I know there's a lot of tourists there but I can't help it I love it, is Covent Garden. If you go inside the market and downstairs on the paella side, not the violins side, god I love those. 
A new little french restaurant openned, called "Chez Antoinette". The atmosphere of the place is well, french but also very cute and smart, you feel at home. You can order different kind of food, for exemple I took the Tartines Brie, it's basically a slice of proper "miche" of bread with warm Brie on top and a few other ingredients like peanuts and persil, so good! You can drink the famous french sirop "Monin", it reminded me of my childhood and have some homemade cake or pie for dessert. My friend and I were really happy to find a proper french (and not expensive) restaurant in the heart of Covent Garden in Central London. I'll definitely will go back soon, that's for sure.


What's exciting to do ?



If you like big crowd, ice skating and mulled wine, Winter Wonderland, the largest Christmas fair in England is for you. Taking place in Hyde Park, going around everything in the fair can took about 2 hours, you can even go on a few rides or take a look at London by night on the Ferris wheel. Enjoy some warm food from around the world and dance in the Oktoberfest tent.


What to watch ? 


If you're a fan of Suzanne Collins trilogy the Hunger Games and if you've seen the two first adaptation on screen, this week you should go to the cinema and watch Katniss Everdeen getting into serious battle in the "Mockingjay part.1". First part of the last book, more dark and different storyline of what happened in the two first movies, we also get to see new characters appear. Things get serious in Panem and you should definitely go see it!


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Hello ! My name is Coline, I'm passionate about cinema and aspiring to be a screenwriter. Always on for a culture related trip with my friends, I also enjoy baking the finest desserts and Lip-sync contests are my favorite game.