12.12.14

WHAT TO EAT THIS WEEK IN LONDON?





During the magical time of Christmas in London, there is a place (actually more like a huge palace) where people go to practice shopping on a high level. I am, as I'm sure you guessed, talking about Harrods. 
One of the most famous place in London for his high range of quality food and international brands, Harrods is visited by as much British people as tourists and hiding a few very nice places where you can enjoy different type of food, I'll definitely talk to you about the Disney Cafe one day.




If you make your way to the food hall, just behind the chocolates area there's a little section on the left called "Pâtisseries". Cakes in all kind, fresh bread, croissants, gingerbread and recently added the well-known Cronut, a delicious mix between two wonderful treat, a doughnut and a croissant. Created in New York by a french confectioner, people used to queue for hours for a taste of the graal, the Cronut has now made his way to London to turn us all addict to it. 
Heard a lot about it but never had one, I had to took my best friend on a hunt and finally taste it.
Well, let me tell you, it does taste amazing! I choosed to try the pistachio and almonds Cronut (as I am since a child a big fan of almonds croissants), it was a difficult choice to make because they honestly all look good, but I don't regret it, the thing was really really good. And for the most skeptical of you, I swear it does taste like both doughnut and croissant and except for the enormous amount of calories in it, the Cronut just made his entrance in my top 10 favorites food in the world.





I just realised that I am only talking about food today, the Christmas spirit got me all in with all the delicious treats and specialities we gonna eat through December. I mean ok it's a lot but then we'll have 6 months to eat raw vegetables again and sweat at the gym to look good on the beach. So let's enjoy this fabulous period of the year by eating all the fat (and good) things we can, drinking mulled wine and normal wine as well, by wearing an ugly onesie and watching « Love Actually » for the 437 times.





-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Hello ! My name is Coline, I'm passionate about cinema and aspiring to be a screenwriter. Always on for a culture related trip with my friends, I also enjoy baking the finest desserts and Lip-sync contests are my favorite game.