19.12.14

WHERE TO GO IN LONDON THIS WEEK?





This week I went on a new adventure on the other side of London, because I live and work South-West I don't have often the occasion to go East. Well this time I had to, for one simple reason, cereals. 
Let me explain, since I am a little child I've always had cereals for breakfast, my father used to even serve me my favorite ones with yogourt if I wanted a treat in the afternoon. I could go on for hours telling you how much I love them and all the memories of my brother and I fighting over who finished the packet and didn't left some for the other.
So, you can easily imagine my excitment when I heard that a new cereals Cafe was going to open in London, on the famous Brick Lane road. The twin brothers owners of that place coming straight from heaven, have been featured in a impressive amount of articles, TV apparitions, the phenomen is so big that it even cross the sea, in my beloved France everybody is talking about it.
My friends and I were very excited and soon as we got there we fell in love with the place. Did I just travelled back to my childhood in the early 90s? the walls of the Cafe are covered with vintage boxes and if you go downstairs you can spot your favorite cartoons on tv. 
Time to order , I knew what I wanted! Since I'm living in England there's a few things I miss, obviously, one of them is my favorite cereals, only sold in France, the Chocapic. 
For 3,50£ I took a medium bowl mix of Crunchy nuts chocolate, Chocapic and strawberry on top, added some whole milk nicely served in a cute little glass bottle. I did pretty simple, but for the first time I wanted to stay with what I know and fancy but the Café is offering a much larger choice with over 100 varieties of global cereal brands, a large selection of milk and toppings, I took the fresh fruit but was hesitating a lot with the maltesers. The Cafe is obviously serving some warm and cold beverages and other treats such as the famous pop tarts for your perfect breakfast to be complete.
The staff was nice, the place is definitely one of those you feel comfortable and want to come back, I enjoyed my time and felt great eating cereals in the middle of other adults instead of my tea and scones in some classy Cafe (even if being honest I like to brunch in Covent Garden sometimes too).
I just add The Cereal killer cafe on my list of reasons I give people when asking me why I love London so much.






----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Hello ! My name is Coline, I'm passionate about cinema and aspiring to be a screenwriter. Always on for a culture related trip with my friends, I also enjoy baking the finest desserts and Lip-sync contests are my favorite game.