12.2.15

WHAT TO DO THIS WEEK?



Tuesday is cinema day for my housemates and I, pop-corn in front of a good movie is our favorite kind of dinner. This week we went to see « Kingsman : The secret service » directed by the brilliant Matthew Vaughn, I personally love his style, if you've seen « Kick Ass » or « Snatch » you know what I'm talking about. 
Starring Colin Firth (this was enough reason for me to go see that movie), Samuel L. Jackson and Michael Caine. It is definitely a well done tribute to spy movies and that fight scene in the Church, no spoilers, but Colin Firth's is kicking a lot of ass, is directed beautifully. 
And anyway if you're opening a movie with « Money for nothing » by Dire straits, the rest of it can only be good.
An action comedy film is always a good way to spend your evening if you want to change your mind from the office trouble, specially when it's directed and played by talented people. 
You'll have a good time, trust me. 





I also recommend you an unique exhibit at the Sommerset house, the «Guy Bourdin : Image Maker». 
The exhibition is a major retrospective of the controversial work of famous french photographer Guy Bourdin. His provocative style is recognizable by all, as he was one of the first to photograph fashion in a different way, more shocking, surrealistic and sensual. 
The exhibition is featuring over 100 works and previously unseen material from the photographer’s estate.


27 November 2014 – 15 March 2015
Embankment Galleries, South Wing
£9.00, £7.00 concessions
 









-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




“Hello ! My name is Coline, I'm passionate about cinema and aspiring to be a screenwriter. Always on for a culture related trip with my friends, I also enjoy baking the finest desserts and Lip-sync contests are my favorite game.”