30.4.15

PEACEFUL AFTERNOON IN CENTRAL LONDON



We know there is a multitude of parks in London, the famous ones like Hyde Park and Green Park or the more hidden ones, the Kyoto Garden in Holland Park, the Peckam Rye Park or St-George's Garden for exemple, with less tourists which means more space to lay on the grass. 

I must admit, I used to often go where everybody goes, having a pic-nic in Kensington gardens made me feel a bit closer to the royal family. 
But, as I've been a citizen of London for a bit more than a year, I know prefer the beauty and quietness of some of the most secret places the city is hidding. 
On a sunny afternoon last week I decided to take a break away in one of my favorite, St-Dunstan in the East Church Garden (halfway between Monument and Tower Hill station). 
But first I had to make a stop at the Crosstown pop-up shop in the Picadilly station for my 4 o'clock treat, which consisted of one of the best donut in town! (the shop will be there until June only so run!). 

I grabbed a good book, "Far from the madding crowd" written by Thomas Hardy and soon to be on the screen starring Carey Mulligan, Tom Sturridge, Matthias Schoenaerts and Michael Sheen in theater on the 1st of May, which tell the story of a young independent woman who has to made a choice between three very different men, lucky lady. 




Coline




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



“Hello ! My name is Coline, I'm passionate about cinema and aspiring to be a screenwriter. Always on for a culture related trip with my friends, I also enjoy baking the finest desserts and Lip-sync contests are my favorite game.”